In 1994 the Danish Society for Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering founded the Danish Society for Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Foundation. The Foundation has the same overall purpose as the Society and supports the spread of marine technical knowledge. Among other the Foundation supports the education of individuals within marine engineering as well as scientific research and development projects within marine engineering. See the Foundations vedtægter.
Distributions from the Danish Society for Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Foundation
Below are examples of distributions from the Foundation showing the the wide range of the Foundations work:
- The Honorary Award of the Foundation is given to students from Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby Campus, The University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Svendborg International Maritime Academy SIMAC, Fredericia School of Marine and Technical Engineering, MARTEC, The Copenhagen School of Marine Engineering and Technology Management, Aarhus School of Marine and Technical Engineering, and Aalborg University who are particularly deserving.
- Study trips or stays for espcially engineering students associated the the maritime sector.
- Travel and living expenses for speakers in connetion with presentations of a preferably maritme technical nature on international conferences and the like.
- Various events held by the Student Association, Nul-Kryds, at the Technical University of Denmark
- Various current ship related projectsDiverse aktuelle skibsrelaterede projekter.
It is at any time the board of the Foundation, who decides who they desire to support